A randomized trial comparing preservation of function status after either Medpulser electroporation with intratumoral bleomycin therapy [Selective Electrochemical Tumor Ablation, SECTA; Inovio Biomedical Corporation] or surgery in patients with locally recurrent or second primary squamous cell carcinoma of the base of the tongue, posterior lateral pharyngeal wall, hypopharnyx, or larynx that have failed primary curative therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Oct 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Bleomycin (Primary)
- Indications Head and neck cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 11 Oct 2018 Planned End Date changed from 1 May 2009 to 1 Jun 2007.
- 11 Oct 2018 Status changed from suspended to discontinued.
- 23 Jul 2012 Interim results were presented at the 8th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer in Toronto.