A randomized trial comparing preservation of function status after either Medpulser electroporation with intratumoral bleomycin therapy [Selective Electrochemical Tumor Ablation, SECTA; Inovio Biomedical Corporation] or surgery in patients with locally recurrent or second primary squamous cell carcinoma of the anterior oral cavity, soft palate, or tonsil that have failed primary curative therapy.
Withdrawn prior to enrolment
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Bleomycin (Primary)
- Indications Head and neck cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 29 Sep 2017 Status changed from suspended to withdrawn prior to enrolment.
- 24 Jul 2012 Interim results were presented at the 8th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer in Toronto.
- 23 Jul 2012 Primary endpoint 'EORTC-Quality-of-Life-Questionnaire' has been met.