A Double-Blind, Randomized, Comparator-Controlled Study In Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Comparing the Effects of Pioglitazone HCl Versus Glimepiride on the Rate of Progression of Coronary Atherosclerotic Disease as Measured by Intravascular Ultrasound
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 12 Jul 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Glimepiride (Primary) ; Pioglitazone (Primary)
- Indications Atherosclerosis; Coronary artery disease; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Registrational
- Acronyms PERISCOPE
- Sponsors Takeda; Takeda Global Research and Development Center
- 21 May 2010 Additional trial location (Chile) identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 16 Jun 2009 Actual initiation date changed from Aug 2003 to July 2003 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 16 Jun 2009 Actual end date changed from Aug 2007 to Oct 2007 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History