A phase III multi-center, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group 24-week study to assess the efficacy and safety of two dose regimens of liquid certolizumab pegol [Cimzia] as additional medication to methotrexate in the treatment of signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and in prevention of joint damage in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis who have an incomplete response to methotrexate.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Certolizumab pegol (Primary) ; Methotrexate
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms RAPID-2
- Sponsors UCB
- 10 May 2011 Results from a post hoc analysis of this trial (RAPID-2) have been published in the Annals of Rheumatic Diseases according to a UCB media release; results were also reported in the media release.
- 17 Mar 2011 Secondary endpoint results published in the Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases.
- 23 Feb 2011 Actual end date changed from 1 Sep 2006 to 1 Dec 2011 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History