A randomized phase III study to compare the effects of low-molecular weight heparin and unfractionated heparin in the prevention of proximal deep vein thrombosis in a critically ill population.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Jun 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Dalteparin sodium (Primary) ; Heparin
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Thromboembolism
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROTECT
- 22 Mar 2011 Results published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
- 07 Jan 2011 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 28 Apr 2010 Additional lead trial investigator [Ostermann M] and additional location [England] identified as reported by United Kingdom Clinical Research Network record.