A phase 3, randomized, open-label, comparator-controlled, parallel-group, multicenter study to compare the effects of exenatide and insulin glargine on beta-cell function and cardiovascular risk markers in subjects with type 2 diabetes treated with metformin who have not achieved target HbA1c.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Exenatide (Primary) ; Insulin glargine
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 20 Sep 2010 Results were presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 15 Sep 2010 Data will be presented at the 46th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, according to an Amylin Pharmaceuticals and Eli Lilly media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History