Multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of three different doses (275, 550 AND 1100 mg) of rifaximin [XIFAXIN] administered BID [twice-daily] for either two or four weeks in the treatment of patients with diarrhea-associated irritable bowel syndrome
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 24 Nov 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Rifaximin (Primary)
- Indications Bacterial infections; Irritable bowel syndrome
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Salix Pharmaceuticals
- 07 Oct 2008 Results presented at the American College of Gastroenterology.
- 03 Oct 2008 Results presented at ACG 2008.
- 20 May 2008 Top-line results reported in a Salix Pharmaceuticals media release (9090646).