A Randomized, Double-Blind Study to Compare the Durability of Glucose Lowering and Preservation of Pancreatic Beta-Cell Function of Rosiglitazone Monotherapy Compared to Metformin or Glyburide/Glibenclamide in Patients With Drug-Naive, Recently Diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Glibenclamide; Metformin; Rosiglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ADOPT
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 05 Jan 2010 Results comparing drug effects on C-reactive protein were presented in Diabetes Care.
- 21 Sep 2007 Results of a secondary analysis were reported at the 43rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History