A prospective, randomized, open, multicentre phase III study to assess the efficacy of secondary adjuvant endocrine anastrozole therapy for 2 further yrs vs 5 further yrs in patients with HR +Ve breast cancer after 5-yr primary adjuvant endocrine therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Mar 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Anastrozole (Primary)
- Indications Breast cancer
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SALSA
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 12 Mar 2018 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 09 Dec 2017 Primary endpoint (Assessment of the effect in terms of DFS of 2 further years of anastrozole treatment vs further 5 years of adjuvant anastrozole treatment, following 5 years of adjuvant endocrine treatment) has not been met, as per results presented at the 40th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- 09 Dec 2017 Results presented at the 40th Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium