A 24-week randomised, double-blind, parallel-group, multi-centre, active-controlled (metformin or metformin combined with fenofibrate) study to evaluate the lipid metabolic effects, safety and tolerability of tesaglitazar [Galida (Tm)] therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes and low HDL-cholesterol on fixed background therapy with a statin.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Fenofibrate; Metformin; Tesaglitazar
- Indications Dyslipidaemias; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Pharmacodynamics
- Acronyms GALLANT-14
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 26 Nov 2007 Status changed from in progress to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 08 Aug 2006 Status change