A comparative, placebo-controlled, double blind, double dummy, cross-over, single centre, phase IIIb study between formoterol alone (Oxis (Rm) Turbuhaler (Rm) 4.5 microg) and the fixed combination of formoterol and budesonide (Symbicort (Rm) Turbuhaler (Rm) 160/4.5 microg) on airway responsiveness and airway inflammation induced by repeated low-dose allergen challenge in allergic patients with mild asthma.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 21 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Budesonide/formoterol (Primary) ; Formoterol
- Indications Allergic asthma; Asthma
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SMILDA
- 01 Apr 2009 Results reported in the European Respiratory Journal.
- 29 Mar 2006 New trial record.