A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, Multicenter Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Long-Term Administration of Rimonabant in the Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes in Patients With Prediabetic Status (i.e., Impaired Fasting Glucose (IFG), Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT) or Both).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 30 May 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Rimonabant (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms RAPSODI
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 05 Nov 2008 Sanofi-aventis have reported in a media release that development of rimonabant has been discontinued.
- 05 Nov 2008 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued, as reported by sanofi-aventis.