A 12-month Double-blind, Randomized, Multicenter, Active-controlled, Parallel-group Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of 0.5 mg and 1.25 mg Fingolimod (FTY720) Administered Orally Once Daily Versus Interferon ß-1a (Avonex) Administered im Once Weekly in Patients With Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis With Optional Extension Phase
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Jun 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Fingolimod (Primary) ; Interferon beta-1a
- Indications Multiple sclerosis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TRANSFORMS
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharma A.G.
- 19 Jun 2018 Results of a pooled analysis from FREEDOMS and TRANSFORMS trials presented at the 4th Congress of the European Academy of Neurology
- 19 Dec 2017 Results of a substudy (n=13) assessing seminal concentration of fingolimod and fingolimod-phosphate in multiple sclerosis male patients from TRANSFORMS extension (NCT00340834) or the LONGTERMS study (NCT01281657), published in the Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development Journal.
- 28 Oct 2017 Results of EDSS factor analysis by using data from FREEDOMS, FREEDOMS II and TRANSFORMS studies presented at the 7th Joint Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History