A 12-month Double-blind, Randomized, Multicenter, Active-controlled, Parallel-group Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of 0.5 mg and 1.25 mg Fingolimod (FTY720) Administered Orally Once Daily Versus Interferon ß-1a (Avonex) Administered im Once Weekly in Patients With Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis With Optional Extension Phase
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Fingolimod (Primary) ; Interferon beta-1a
- Indications Multiple sclerosis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TRANSFORMS
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharma A.G.
- 19 Dec 2017 Results of a substudy (n=13) assessing seminal concentration of fingolimod and fingolimod-phosphate in multiple sclerosis male patients from TRANSFORMS extension (NCT00340834) or the LONGTERMS study (NCT01281657), published in the Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development Journal.
- 28 Oct 2017 Results of EDSS factor analysis by using data from FREEDOMS, FREEDOMS II and TRANSFORMS studies presented at the 7th Joint Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis.
- 28 Oct 2017 Results evaluate the proportion of patients with CDI over time while on long-term (up to 8 years) fingolimod treatment in the Phase 3 TRANSFORMS trial and its extensions, were presented at the 7th Joint Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis and Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History