The efficacy and safety of two doses of strontium ranelate (1g and 2g per day) versus placebo administered orally for 3 years in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis. A prospective multicentre, international, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Apr 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Strontium ranelate (Primary)
- Indications Osteoarthritis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms POLKA; SEKOIA
- Sponsors Servier
- 22 Apr 2018 Results (n=1206) assessing data from follow-up study planned over 5-year, conducted in patients with a primary knee osteoarthritis having participated in the previous CL3-12911-018 study, were presented at the 2018 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases.
- 05 Apr 2014 Results of an analysis of the placebo arm presented at the 2014 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases.
- 05 Apr 2014 Results for the effect of meniscal extrusion and bone marrow lesions on response to strontium ranelate presented at the 2014 World Congress on Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History