A multicenter, randomized, open-label comparison of the safety and efficacy of tigecycline with that of ampicillin-sulbactam or amoxicillin-clavulanate to treat complicated skin and skin structure infections
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 02 May 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Tigecycline (Primary) ; Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid; Ampicillin/sulbactam
- Indications Bacterial infections; Skin and soft tissue infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Wyeth
- 08 Aug 2012 Trial phase changed from III to IV as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 28 Jun 2012 Additional trial locations added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 10 Apr 2010 Results presented at the 20th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.