A 16-Week Randomised, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Parallel-Group Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Tiotropium Inhalation Solution Delivered by the Respimat Inhaler (2 Actuations of 2.5 Mcg Once Daily) With That of Salmeterol From the Hydrofluoroalkane Metered Dose Inhaler (2 Actuations of 25 Mcg Twice Daily) in Moderate Persistent Asthma Patients With the B16-Arg/Arg Genotype.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Tiotropium bromide (Primary) ; Salmeterol
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 01 Sep 2016 Results of safety analysis from pooled data (n= 3474) of this (NCT00350207) and six other trials (NCT01316380, NCT01172808, NCT01172821, NCT00772538, NCT00776984, NCT01340209), published in the Respiratory Medicine Journal.
- 01 Aug 2011 Results published in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- 01 Oct 2008 Actual end date (Sep 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History