A phase 3 randomized, double-blind active-controlled (enoxaparin), parallel-group, multi-center study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral apixaban in subjects undergoing elective total knee replacement surgery
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 27 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Apixaban (Primary) ; Enoxaparin sodium
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Thromboembolism
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms ADVANCE-1
- Sponsors Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 14 Mar 2014 Apixaban (sNDA) approved by the US FDA based on results of ADVANCE-1, -2 and -3 trials, according to a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Pfizer media release.
- 11 Jul 2013 Supplemental New Drug Application for apixaban accepted for review by the US FDA based on results of ADVANCE-1, -2 and -3 trials, according to Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Pfizer media release.
- 06 Aug 2009 Results were published in the New England Journal of Medicine 361: 594-604, No. 6, 6 Aug 2009.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History