A 52-week treatment, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double dummy, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to assess the efficacy, safety and tolerability of indacaterol (300 and 600 microg o.d.) in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, using formoterol (12 microg b.i.d.) as an active control.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Indacaterol (Primary) ; Formoterol
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms INVOLVE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 24 May 2017 Results (n=8445) of a pooled analysis from 11 Phase III/IIIb indacaterol studies assessing the efficacy and safety of once-daily indacaterol 150 and 300 ug in elderly patients with moderate to severe COPD, published in the Respiratory Medicine.
- 01 Jun 2010 1-year results have been published in Thorax.
- 16 Sep 2009 Secondary endpoint analysis presented at the 19th Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History