A Phase III, Open, Randomised, Multicentre Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of Pristinamycin, at Dosages of 50 mg/kg/d in 2 Doses for Children, and 1g Twice Daily in Adults for 4 Days Versus Amoxicillin at a Dosage of 50 mg/kg/d in 2 Doses in Children and 1 g Twice Daily in Adults for 6 Days, Consumed Orally, in the Treatment of Tonsillitis Induced by Group-A Beta-Haemolytic Streptococcus in Patients Aged Between 6 and 25 Years.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 07 Jul 2009
At a glance
- Drugs Amoxicillin; Pristinamycin
- Indications Streptococcal infections; Tonsillitis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 22 Oct 2008 Planned number of patients changed from 371 to 395 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 20 Jul 2008 Actual end date added (June 2008) as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 20 Jul 2008 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.