Multicentre, Randomised, Double-Blind, Double Dummy, Parallel Group, 104-week Study to Compare the Effect of the Salmeterol/Fluticasone Propionate Combination Product (SERETIDE*) 50/500mcg Delivered Twice Daily Via the DISKUS*/ACCUHALER* Inhaler With Tiotropium Bromide 18 mcg Delivered Once Daily Via the HandiHaler Inhalation Device on the Rate of Health Care Utilisation Exacerbations in Subjects With Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms INSPIRE
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 19 May 2015 Post-hoc analysis results from this and two other trials (SFCB3024 and SCO30002) presented at the American Thoracic Society (ATS) meeting 2015, according to a GlaxoSmithKline media release.
- 07 Oct 2008 Results have been presented at the 18th Annual Congress of the European Respiratory Society (ERS).
- 28 Dec 2007 Result have been published in the American Journal of respiratory and Critical Care Medicine; reported in a GSK media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History