A Randomised, Double-Blind, Parallel Group, Phase 3, Efficacy and Safety Study of AZD6140 Compared With Clopidogrel for Prevention of Vascular Events in Patients With Non-ST or ST Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS) [PLATO- a Study of PLATelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes].
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 29 Jan 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Ticagrelor (Primary) ; Clopidogrel
- Indications Acute coronary syndromes; Cardiovascular disorders; Embolism and thrombosis
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PLATO
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 29 Jan 2018 Results of substudy (n=4354) aimed to determine whether fibrin clot properties are associated with clinical outcomes following acute coronary syndrome (ACS), were published in the European Heart Journal..
- 15 Nov 2017 Results of PLATO substudy assessing fibrin clot properties and clinical outcomes, presented at the 90th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association.
- 16 Nov 2016 Results (n=5135) assessing Osteoprotegerin association With major bleeding and cardiovascular outcomes presented at the 89th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History