A Multi-center, Randomized, Open-label, Active Controlled, Parallel Arm Study to Compare the Efficacy of 12 Weeks of Treatment With Vildagliptin 100 mg, qd to Thiazolidinedione (TZD) as add-on Therapy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Inadequately Controlled With Metformin Monotherapy in a Community-based Practice Setting.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 21 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Vildagliptin (Primary) ; Pioglitazone; Rosiglitazone; Thiazolidinediones
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms GALIANT
- Sponsors Novartis
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 11 Sep 2008 Primary endpoint 'Proportion of glycosylated haemoglobin' has been met.
- 09 Sep 2008 Results presented at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History