A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Five Parallel Groups Study Investigating the Efficacy and Safety of BI 1356 BS (1 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg Administered Orally Once Daily) Over 12 Weeks as Add-on Therapy in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Insufficient Glycaemic Control Despite MetforminTherapy, Including an Open-Label Glimepiride Treatment Arm.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 15 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Linagliptin (Primary) ; Glimepiride
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Sep 2013 A meta-analysis will be presented at the 49th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), according to a Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly media release.
- 09 Jun 2009 Results presented at ADA 2009.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History