A randomized double blind controlled proof of concept study of the efficacy and safety of Valcyte [valganciclovir] as an add-on therapy in patients with malignant glioblastoma with successful surgical resection of at least 90 % of the initial tumor and CMV infection demonstrated histologically and immunohistochemically.
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Valganciclovir (Primary)
- Indications Cytomegalovirus infections; Glioblastoma
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VIGAS
- 01 Sep 2013 Results published in the International Journal of Cancer.
- 02 Oct 2012 Primary endpoint 'Magnetic-resonance-imaging-outcomes' has not been met.
- 11 Sep 2012 Primary endpoint 'Tumour-volume' has not been met.