A randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, multinational clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy of aliskiren and valsartan versus placebo in lowering levels on NT-proBNP [N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide] in stabilized patients post acute coronary syndromes.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 03 Sep 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Valsartan
- Indications Acute coronary syndromes; Heart failure
- Focus Pharmacodynamics
- Acronyms AVANTE-GARDE-TIMI 43
- Sponsors Novartis
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 16 Nov 2011 Pre-specified analysis assessing changes in aldosterone levels presented at the 84th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association.
- 17 Jun 2010 Primary endpoint 'Brain natriuretic peptide levels' has not been met.