A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel arm, 6-week study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ezetimibe/simvastatin versus atorvastatin in patients with metabolic syndrome and hypercholesterolemia at high risk for coronary heart disease.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 18 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ezetimibe/simvastatin (Primary) ; Atorvastatin
- Indications Hypercholesterolaemia; Metabolic syndrome
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VYMET
- Sponsors Merck & Co
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 27 Jul 2009 Results were presented at the 15th International Symposium on Atherosclerosis (ISA) in Boston, MA.
- 14 Sep 2008 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History