An 8-week, randomized, double-blind, fixed dosage, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, multi-center study of the efficacy, safety and tolerability of agomelatine 25 mg and 50 mg in the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD) followed by a 52-week, open-label extension (CAGO178A2301E).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 May 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Agomelatine (Primary)
- Indications Major depressive disorder
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 18 May 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 18 May 2010 Actual patient number (508) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 22 Jan 2008 The expected completion date for this trial is now 1 Jan 2009 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.