A Multi-national, Multi-center, Double-blind, Double Dummy, Randomized, Active-controoled, Parallel Study, Comparing Efficacy and Safety of Valsartan/Amlodipine 80/5 mg to Valsartan 80 mg and Valsartan 160 mg Alone Once Daily in Patients With Mild to Moderate Essential Hypertension Not Adequately Controlled With Valsartan 80 mg Monotherapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 23 Apr 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine/valsartan (Primary) ; Valsartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 16 Jun 2010 Results have been presented at the 17th World Congress of Cardiology.
- 22 Sep 2009 Actual patient number changed from 919 to 918 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 09 Jun 2008 Actual study completion date (Dec 2007) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History