A double-blind, double dummy, randomized parallel design trial to evaluate the effects of 12 weeks of treatment with 300 mg aliskiren compared to 5 mg amlodipine on insulin resistance and coronary endothelial function in hypertensive patients with metabolic syndrome.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren; Amlodipine
- Indications Glucose intolerance; Hypertension; Insulin resistance; Metabolic syndrome; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 16 Sep 2011 Results presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 27 Aug 2010 Status changed from recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.