A 52-week efficacy and safety non-inferiority study of fluticasone propionate/salmeterol 250/50 mcg BID [twice daily] delivered by dry powder inhaler (Diskus) versus mometasone furoate/formoterol fumarate 200/10 mcg BID delivered by pressurized metered-dose inhaler in persistent asthmatics previously treated with medium doses of inhaled glucocorticosteroids.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Mometasone/formoterol (Primary) ; Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Schering-Plough
- 20 Oct 2012 This trial has been discontinued in Finland, Estonia, Lithuanina, Latvia, Czech Republic, Germany and Netherlands as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 29 Jan 2009 Actual end date (Nov 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 29 Jan 2009 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.