An Exploratory Study of MCI-186 for Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Severity Classification III) in Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled Manner.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Edaravone (Primary)
- Indications Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
- 30 Aug 2016 According to a Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma media release, the US FDA accepted the NDA for edaravone (MCI-186), an intravenous treatment for ALS. The decision on the NDA expected in June 2017 based on the PDUFA.
- 21 Apr 2016 Primary endpoint has not been met. (Revised ALS functional rating scale (ALSFRS-R) scores), as per results presented at the 68th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology.
- 21 Apr 2016 Results presented at the 68th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology