Once daily oral direct factor Xa inhibitor rivaroxaban (BAY59-7939) in the long-term prevention of recurrent symptomatic venous thromboembolism in patients with symptomatic deep-vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism. The Einstein-Extension Study
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Rivaroxaban (Primary)
- Indications Deep vein thrombosis; Pulmonary embolism; Venous thromboembolism
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EINSTEIN-EXT
- Sponsors Bayer; Bayer HealthCare; Janssen Research & Development
- 30 Nov 2012 Pooled data from EINSTEIN-DVT, EINSTEIN-PE and EINSTEIN-EXT will be presented at the 54th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition, according to a Bayer HealthCare media release.
- 02 May 2012 Results from this trial have been used in support of supplemental new drug applications in USA for the use of rivaroxaban to treat venous thromboembolism (deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism) and to prevent recurrent venous thromboembolism.
- 28 Jul 2011 Results of an analysis identifying subgroups who were at decreased risk for VTE presented at the 23rd Congress of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History