A multicenter, randomized, double-blind study to determine the efficacy and safety of the addition of SYR-322 25 mg versus dose titration from 30 mg to 45 mg of pioglitazone HCl (ACTOS) in subjects with type 2 diabetes mellitus who have inadequate control on a combination of metformin and 30 mg of pioglitazone HCl therapy.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Alogliptin (Primary) ; Metformin; Pioglitazone
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Takeda
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Jun 2012 Additional trial locations added as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 01 Dec 2011 Results published in the Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History