A 16-week Double-blind, Randomized, Multicenter, Force-titration Study to Evaluate the Antihypertensive Efficacy of Valsartan/Hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) Therapy Compared to HCTZ Based Therapy in Obese, Hypertensive Patients
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide (Primary) ; Amlodipine; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Indications Hypertension; Obesity
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VITAE
- Sponsors Novartis; Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 01 Aug 2010 Results, detailing the comparative effects of valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide with those of hydrochlorothiazide + amlodipine on fasting and post-prandial glucose and insulin levels, have been published in the Journal of Hypertension.
- 28 Oct 2008 Actual patient number (412) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 28 Oct 2008 Actual end date (Nov 2007) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History