An open-label, randomized, parallel group study comparing the efficacy and safety of amlodipine in combination with valsartan compared to losartan in combination with hydrochlorothiazide given for 52 weeks on the regression of left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with mild to moderate hypertension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 21 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Amlodipine; Hydrochlorothiazide; Losartan; Valsartan
- Indications Essential hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Novartis
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 26 Apr 2011 Actual end date (1 Mar 2010) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 26 Apr 2011 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.