A 26-Week Treatment, Multicenter, Randomized, Doubleblind, Double Dummy, Placebo-Controlled, Adaptive, Seamless, Parallel-Group Study to Assess the Efficacy,Safety and Tolerability of Two Doses of Indacaterol (Selected From 75, 150, 300 and 600 microg o.d.) in Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Using Blinded Formoterol (12 microg b.i.d) and Open Label Tiotropium (18 microg o.d.) as Active Controls
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Indacaterol (Primary) ; Formoterol; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms INHANCE
- Sponsors Novartis
- 24 May 2017 Results (n=8445) of a pooled analysis from 11 Phase III/IIIb indacaterol studies assessing the efficacy and safety of once-daily indacaterol 150 and 300 ug in elderly patients with moderate to severe COPD, published in the Respiratory Medicine.
- 12 May 2010 Results were published in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine.
- 02 Nov 2009 Results reported at the 75th Annual Meeting of the American College of Chest Physicians: Chest 2009.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History