A randomized, controlled, open-label, 48-week study of continuing successfully suppressive treatment in HIV-1 infected adults with first-line twice-daily zidovudine and lamivudine-based regimens versus pro-actively replacing of zidovudine and lamivudine by once-daily emtricitabine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate to prevent progression of or reverse peripheral lipoatrophy
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 22 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (Primary) ; Lamivudine/zidovudine
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics
- Acronyms PREPARE
- 08 Mar 2012 Results from a substudy assessing the effects of treatment on bone metabolism and bone mineral density presented at the 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.
- 02 Mar 2011 Results presented at the 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.
- 10 Jun 2010 Actual end date (Oct 2008) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.