A prospective, randomized, double dummy, double blind, multi-center trial comparing the safety and efficacy of moxifloxacin 400 mg IV QD 24 hours to that of ertapenem 1.0 g IV QD 24 hours for 5 to 14 days for the treatment of subjects with complicated intra-abdominal infections (PROMISE Study).
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Jul 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Moxifloxacin (Primary) ; Ertapenem
- Indications Bacteroides infections; Escherichia coli infections; Intra-abdominal infections; Streptococcal infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PROMISE
- Sponsors Bayer
- 02 Aug 2011 New source identifed and integrated (European Clinical Trials Database).
- 13 Sep 2010 Primary endpoint results (n=573) presented at the 50th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
- 13 Apr 2010 Primary endpoint 'Clinical-cure-rate' has been met.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History