Part 1: An open label pilot study to determine interstitial and tissue concentrations of aliskiren and effects on the renin- angiotensin system (RAS) in fat and skeletal muscle of hypertensive patients with abdominal obesity. Part 2: A Randomized, Double Blind, 12-weeks Parallel Group Study to Compare Effects of Aliskiren 300 mg and Amlodipine 5 mg on the RAS and Lipid/Carbohydrate Metabolism in Fat and Skeletal Muscle of Hypertensive Patients With Abdominal Obesity.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 31 Oct 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Aliskiren (Primary) ; Amlodipine
- Indications Hypertension; Obesity
- Focus Biomarker; Pharmacodynamics; Pharmacokinetics
- Sponsors Novartis
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 09 Jul 2012 Status changed from completed to discontinued as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 03 May 2012 Actual patient number added 26 according to ClinicalTrials.gov.