A Prospective, Randomized, Open-labelled, Multi-centre Trial Comparing the Safety and Efficacy of Ritonavir-boosted Aptivus (Tipranavir, TPV/r [ritonavir]) to That of Prezista (Darunavir, DRV/r) in Three-class (NRTI [nucleoside RT inhibitors], NNRTI, and PI [protease inhibitor]) Treatment-experienced Patients With Resistance to More Than One PI. POTENT: PrOspecTive EvaluatioN of Tipranavir vs. Darunavir in Treatment Experienced Patients.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 28 Jan 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Tipranavir (Primary) ; Darunavir; Ritonavir
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Pharmacogenomic; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms POTENT
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 23 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 800 to 1040 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 17 Dec 2009 Additional trial location [Bahamas, Thailand] identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.