An open label, randomized, single center trial in healthy young women, to evaluate the effects of a monophasic combined oral contraceptive (COC) containing 2.5 mg NOMAC [nomegestrol] and 1.5 mg E2 [ethinyl estradiol] on bone mineral density (BMD) compared to a monophasic COC containing 0.150 mg levonorgestrel and 0.030 mg ethinyl estradiol.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Jun 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Estradiol/nomegestrol (Primary) ; Ethinylestradiol/levonorgestrel
- Indications Pregnancy
- Focus Pharmacodynamics
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 16 Sep 2009 Actual end date (Jun 2009) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 16 Sep 2009 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 24 Jan 2008 The expected completion date for this trial is now 1 Aug 2009.