A randomised double blind controlled phase III study to compare the efficacy and safety of intravenous iron carboxymaltose (ferinject) with placebo in patients with chronic heart failure and iron deficiency.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 19 Dec 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Ferric carboxymaltose (Primary)
- Indications Chronic heart failure; Iron deficiency anaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms FAIR-HF
- Sponsors Vifor
- 23 May 2016 Results published in Vifor Pharma media release.
- 23 May 2016 According to Vifor Pharma media release, based upon the findings of this and other study (CONFIRM-HF), the 2016 European Society of Cardiology Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure (the ESC Guidelines HF 2016) recommended Ferinject for the treatment of iron deficiency in patients with systolic heart failure.
- 28 Aug 2014 New source identified and integrated, European Clinical Trials Database record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History