LUX Lung 2 A Phase II Single-arm Trial of BIBW 2992 in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Patients With EGFR Activating Mutations
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 16 Jan 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Afatinib (Primary)
- Indications Non-small cell lung cancer
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms LUX-LUNG-2
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 16 Jan 2018 According to a Boehringer Ingelheim media release, based on a pooled analysis of LUX-Lung 2, LUX-Lung 3 and LUX-Lung 6 studies the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a supplemental New Drug Application for Gilotrif (afatinib) for the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer whose tumors have non-resistant epidermal growth factor receptor mutations as detected by an FDA-approved test. The FDA granted Priority Review status to the application.
- 24 Aug 2015 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 11 Oct 2013 Planned end date changed from 1 Jul 2013 to 1 Mar 2014 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.