A 12 month open-label randomized parallel group study to investigate the influence of salmeterol/fluticasone (50/500 BD [two times a day]) either in fixed combination or separately via Diskus inhalers on the course of the disease and frequency of exacerbations in subjects with severe and very severe COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease] (GOLD [Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease] stage III+IV).
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 09 Feb 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Fluticasone propionate (Primary) ; Salmeterol (Primary) ; Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate (Primary)
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VIVESCO
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 23 Jun 2010 Actual end date (Jul 2010) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 23 Jun 2010 Actual patient number (214) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 23 Jun 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.