A multinational, randomised, double-blind, placebo- and active-controlled, parallel group efficacy and safety comparison over 24 weeks of three doses (50microg, 100microg, 200microg) of BEA 2180 BR to tiotropium 5microg, delivered by the Respimat inhaler and placebo in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 31 Jul 2013
At a glance
- Drugs BEA 2180-BR (Primary) ; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 05 Jun 2009 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 May 2009 Additional location identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 May 2009 Planned number of patients changed from 1950 to 2080 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.