Prospective, Randomized, Open, Multicentre Study About the Effect of an Empirical Antibiotic Monotherapy With Meropenem (Meronem) Versus a Combination Therapy With Moxifloxacin (Avalox) on Organ Dysfunction in Patients With Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Apr 2014
At a glance
- Drugs Meropenem (Primary) ; Moxifloxacin (Primary)
- Indications Sepsis; Septic shock
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms MaxSep
- 13 Jun 2012 Results published in JAMA: the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- 13 Jun 2012 Primary endpoint 'Assessment-scale-scores' has not been met.
- 02 Jul 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History