A double-blind, randomized study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of lapaquistat acetate [lapaquistat] 50 mg vs placebo in subjects with hypercholesterolemia, with an optional open-label extension.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Lapaquistat (Primary)
- Indications Hypercholesterolaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Takeda Global Research and Development Center
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 21 Nov 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 650 to 660.
- 28 Mar 2008 Status changed from initiated to discontinued. According to a Takeda media release, development of lapaquistat is being discontinued.