A double-blind, randomized study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of lapaquistat acetate 50 mg or placebo when co-administered with statins [HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors] in subjects with hypercholesterolemia, with an optional open-label extension
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 09 Jun 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Lapaquistat (Primary) ; HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors
- Indications Hypercholesterolaemia
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 10 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 28 Mar 2008 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued. According to a Takeda media release, development of lapaquistat is being discontinued.
- 02 Oct 2007 New trial record.