Effect of Inhalation of a Free Combination of Tiotropium Once Daily 18 Mcg and Salmeterol Twice Daily 50 Mcg Versus a Fixed Combination of Fluticasone and Salmeterol Twice Daily (500/50 Mcg) on Static Lung Volumes and Exercise Tolerance in COPD Patients (a Randomised, Double-Blind, Double Dummy, 16 (2 x 8) Weeks, Crossover Study).
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 23 Oct 2013
At a glance
- Drugs Salmeterol; Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate; Tiotropium bromide
- Indications Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- 18 Oct 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 368 to 450.
- 28 Jun 2012 Planned number of patients changed from 325 to 368 as reported by European Clinical Trials Database.
- 19 May 2010 Results were reported at the 106th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.